Today :

Not found what you looking for?:

Posted by Chiko
Labels: ,

Published on Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Transcend PF720 | Digital Picture Frame

Standing with the decors in the table of my friend’s living room, one amazing picture frame caught my attention. I was so amazed by the complex design that I thought it was a laptop. But hey, that was really a digital picture frame.

Transcend’s intelligence had customized even simple things into more complex and more convenient home gadgets. With wide screen, Transcend PF720 allows users to view one picture at a time. It’s quite amazing though because I can shift the viewing mode into slideshow or thumbnails. My friend is so lucky with this gadget. He can save a lot of picture frames as well as space because with the gadgets 2Gb internal memory, he can store all the pictures he want to view everyday.

So far, as what I have known, the gadget displays bitmap and jpeg images. I’m not sure about picture files of gif format. It also accepts pictures taken from digital cameras and cellphones. I think that’s way too cool. If I have one, I can go over daily memories and I can laugh at them one by one.

Another amazing thing about this handy gadget is that it can play videos of .mpg, .mov, .avi and .3gp. That’s a big ‘wow!’ for me. It is almost like that of a laptop or DVD player. It’s just that the main thing it does is to display pictures.

In terms of audio playback, it has a built-in mp3 player. That’s cool! What’s cooler than carrying a handy gadget that can play songs, display photos and play videos everywhere? I really thought that it was a laptop. So cool, dude! A portable media player so cute and so handy without spending as much as the price of a laptop.

By the way, pictures and other files from cellphones are transferred through card slots. The gadget has built-in card reader so that files from memory cards will be transferred directly. Same as with flash drives. The gadget has USB port capability giving the user more convenience in transferring data from flash drives, mp3 players and PSP.

If I were to be asked for an opinion, I would say this is much like a laptop minus the OS and some programs. But this is quite good enough for those who are looking for basic media player at a lower cost and simpler functions than that of a laptop. Whichever way you choose it, it is still worth a couple of bucks. I guess I want to have one. It won’t be waste of money anyhow.

0 comments:

Post a Comment